Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My great achievement

Today we got our essays back from our benchmarks. Here in Texas we take the state TAKS test or texas assessment of knowledge and skills. The English TAKS consists of multiple choice questions, O. E. Q.'s (open ended questions) and an essay. On the essay the highest possible score you can get is a four. I have never before gotten a four. My writing has never been anything remarkable before so my average was a 2 or 3. Well today I got it back and right at the top of the rubric, in bright pink highlighter, was written four! Not only this this but at the bottom the teacher commented that my paper was "lovely and profound." what a fantastic compliment! This was a defining moment for me because it shows that I'm finally becoming able to define myself as a writer and have confidence in what I'm trying to say. I've found my voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment