Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Today's, "literature."

Today I was reading a book that was very highly recommended and was getting very good ratings. But I could not finish it because, although the story was interesting, the writing was absolutely terrible!!!
I have to ask what happened to literature. How did we get from the great novels by dickens, austen, etc to this (pardon my French) crap! Today's novels have many flaws. They have grammatical errors that distract from the story. They use so much language that it makes the author sound illiterate. And overall they seem as though not very much effort was put into them. It's rather depressing really because every time I pick up a modern novel I feel like I'm killing brain cells. Well no more. I only have so much time in my life and I'm going to use it to read good wholesome books that I can actually gain from.

No comments:

Post a Comment